Tuesday, May 12, 2009

The Qatar Experience..

I had a very pleasant Qatar experience. The flight from Riyadh to Doha, the short transition in Doha and the flight from Doha to Chennai were all, overall, a pleasant experience.

More or less for the first time in middle east, I got the special meal request, responded to. Kudos to Travelocity. These guys operating from US have a good customer service team (reads US location, I don't know whether this team is Bangalored or not!).

They picked up my request, registered with Qatar Airways and did make the pleasant difference to my intra Middle East leg.

The Qatar experience was good, I may repeat some journeys through Qatar Airways. Lately, I am looking at alternatives to Air Arabia which is an airline I like in its ideas and execution. But Sharjah transition does not give you a feel good, which perhaps Qatar gave me this time.

Customer experience does demand efficiency as the bed rock but variables like courteous behaviour and ease in environments like airports does get a combined branding of promise for airlines and airports, I believe.

Now Travelocity and Qatar Airways have both increased their share in my mindspace as a traveller. Not for extraordinary things, but for basic things well done in a friendly manner.

There is a lot to learn, when one is satisfied as a customer in any services.

2 comments:

  1. Travel is always a amazing experience...the anxiety to reach home soon...the curiosity of exploring a new place...all of it have its own fancy and delight. I love to experiment with my travel plans, but transition has its own set of problems. hope you had a good trip..when are you back to blogging again?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was back on 16th but did keep fighting the after effects of loss of sleep. The trip was extremely good. There is so much to blog. Perhaps so much that I could not venture into during the week days. I need sometime to get back to the discipline of posting everyday. May be this week end which opens tomorrow,I will bring back my discipline. It is so comforting to be read and asked when I would be back to blogging again. Please note I have added 2 more blogs: one is in the netlog platform, which is gopalanparthasarathy.netlog.com. Another is one I conceptualized during my recent travel and implemented on arrival in India! It is xtrabloganza.blogspot.com. This one is created with an objective of bringing in what i enjoyed reading with a little dash of my own miniblogs along with essentially writings by others.

    ReplyDelete