Saturday, May 9, 2009

THE FIRST EXPERIENCES AS A BLOGGER

Ever since I created the blogs in Tamil and English, I have kept my postings going. There was, no doubt, an intial euphoria, communicating to the people who are important to me as friends, associates, relatives and colleagues.

My first posting was done very passionately. Each day, I am trying to touch a different subject and reflect on it. Choice of a subject has never posed a problem. In fact now when I read, when I think or reflect on what an interviewee is talking aboout, often, a question pops up in mind: is it a good idea to blog about this?

Often, these pop ups come and go very fast. No deliberate blocking. No unblocking either.
And almost to an assurance of 100% none of the pop ups comes to be written.

Nonetheless, there is a sense of being bugged by several ideas, impressions, observations, thought processes and what have you, for being blogged. It is as if thoughts are competing with themselves and ideas are trying to be forceful on me with a strong intent to be blogged about.

This is a strange, yet highly energizing feeling. And I see myself doing many a thing fast and in time, with my subconscious driving me to save those minutes for settling down in sofa to blog today.

While NDTV is always in the background like a base tone at home, like a thamboora in a concert, the fingers that were flip flopping channels with the TV remote are now busy typing.

There are several changes in me, a rather addicted netizen, post initiation into blogging, that two in two languages. One important change is I come out of mail box (frequency of getting in hasnt come down). I bye pass my inbox now after a peep. I know there is some serious thing by the evening I need to complete before going to bed and that is much more valuable to me.

I think this is a pleasant experience. But this no way implies the experience is complete. There is a longing for readership or followership to use the Google expression. My netizenship quotient being higher than my circle of friends, relatives, well wishers and associates, this is going to be a challenge.

Then what has been achieved in real real terms? Oh, it is plenty. I am in touch with my roots. I am reflective about my most distant past. I am reminiscing a lot. It is as if, I am reliving the seasons of my life, all over again. This is a unique experience. There is a concentration of nostalgia and there is a flight into whatever out of my life, I would love to be brought into my showcase.

If I had taken a notebook and started writing every day a bit, I may not have achieved this much. While who is going to read this and how much are going to remain challenges, if there is a friend who would not mind reading and discussing this, I have something to share with that friend of mine. Quite something. This gives me a sense of accomplishment.

Am I nervous as a blogger about what I write and what reactions could be?

The only that makes me nervous is no one reading and no one reacting! The first experiences as a blogger are remarkable. I would love to carry on. Let the show go on. Some day, there will be spectators, that is what I can tell myself through my blog!

2 comments:

  1. How rich a life you are living! The richness is in your thought process and ability to connect with your roots. Your efforts are going to be rewarding!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. O Narain,
    Thanks a tonne. I look forward to being read as much as posting. I most value your time and feedback. Regards, Creatiwe!

    ReplyDelete